Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Commander Test Flight #3

Switched to nice weather, since it makes little sense to test a new airplane in the rain. I did another set of touch-and-go landings (4 this time) and got progressively better, but still don't think I'm doing it just right.

Here I am on the 4th landing, coming in dead-center, which says more about how well behaved the Commander is than how good I am as a pilot:
Another view, a bit further down the runway, and this looks good too. Nose is not too high, about to land on the center-line, right?
Not so fast. At that moment, I pulled back a bit too much, nosed up, and started to climb. My airspeed was around 80 knots or so, and I was coming in probably a bit shallow with some power on the throttle, so too much nose up and your balloon, which caused me to land long and off-center again.

Still trying to sort out in my head how to land this plane more accurately. Speeds seems a bit high, but any lower and I ended up dangerously close to the stall limit. The first two or three landings (not today, but total in this plane), ended with the stall alarm going off.

I'll keep working on it though.

No comments:

Post a Comment