Thursday, September 1, 2011

Return to Dalton

Long day today and long evening back home. Wife working late, me with the kids, school project due tomorrow. Yikes! By 9:30 though, everyone but me was in bed, so here I am flying again.

First observation, if you fly on August 31st, it's summer time and the trees are green. Fly on September 1st, and it's fall, so the trees are yellow, etc. No transition, just BAM!

On the way back home from Cherokee (and back in the Tomahawk), I decided to give that tower thing another pass. I'd really like to know what that sucker is:
(click to enlarge)

I mean, it's out there in the middle of nowhere, just this huge tower with some kind of crane like attachment. What is it for? I've searched around Google maps and have not found anything like that out in the woods in that area. Please add a comment if you have any ideas:
(click to enlarge)

Anyway, after the fly-by I climbed back to altitude and cruised back to Dalton for a nice landing. All of that practice seems to be paying off:
OK, so I'm still not landing right on the white center-line, but I'm getting closer!

Oh, by the way, I was checking my log book and realized that one of those practice landings back at Mathis was actually my 100th successful landing. Woo Hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment