Saturday, December 26, 2009

Fort Mountain Flyover

Needed to fly some today but didn't feel like more touch-and-go around Dalton and not ready to do another long distance trip yet, so I decided to fly over Fort Mountain and have a look. It's only about 20 miles from the Dalton Airport, so not a long flight. Here it is at my 11:00 with some clouds above it:
As I got closer I reduced power and dropped down so I could get a closer look. It definitely looks like a good place for a fort, but FSX doesn't have anything up there to look at.
I continued to descend and flew around the mountain and then back to Dalton. Landing was looking good until the end when I started over-correcting with theses sensitive controls, but I finally managed to get down on the runway and not too rough either. Also, no further problems with unexpected roll-overs, but we'll keep monitoring that.

No comments:

Post a Comment