Sunday, December 20, 2009

Fort Zach

The good folks over at MegaScenery Earth made me an offer I couldn't refuse, so I now own photo-real scenery for all of Florida (or rather, for all of it that they have available). I had previously purchased 4 tiles for about $20.00 but recently figured out that you get a big discount when you buy the whole state. It's a bigger discount than just the volume discount you get for buying more tiles.

So I e-mailed them and asked them what they'd do for me on Florida, since buying the whole state would mean repurchasing those 4 tiles. They said if I'd buy the whole state they'd refund the purchase of the four tiles I bought previously so I didn't have to pay for them twice. Woo hoo!

So far I've only installed the keys, since that's where I'm currently at. I did a quick loop around Key West to check it out. Here's Fort Zachery Taylor on the southwest corner of Key West, not shown at all with the default FSX Scenery:

Of course, at just a few hundred feet up, it still looks a little rough, and very flat (which it is), but it's better than the inaccurate stuff from Microsoft.

No comments:

Post a Comment