Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Control Issues

Couple of not so quick flights tonight, working on two issues. First was getting my controls set correctly. I finally got the toe brakes (on the rudder pedals) to work as they should, but I'm having other issues. I keep making changes to the button assignments on the yoke, but then one or two buttons will not behave as expected in game. Right now it's the elevator trim buttons which want to move my eyepoint position around instead.

I've also been using the actual pre-flight and take-off checklist for the Cessna 182 and rather than just loading with the plane on the runway ready to go, I'm trying to actually go through the proper steps to start the engine, check the gauges, etc. It's boring, but I'd like to learn that part of it. It would be a lot easier, and more interesting, in a real cockpit though. The FSX virtual cockpit has some clickable controls, but it's still not like being there, and some stuff you almost have to use keyboard commands to do, so that takes something away from the process as well.

Still just doing take-offs and landings here in Dalton; still enjoying the super-wide-screen view. Maybe soon I'll actually try to fly somewhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment